- ENPS Compatibility
- ENPS v6
- Supported ENPS Workflow
- Running Order Control
- Item Status
- Buddy Fail-Over
- Media Thumbnails and Preview Video
- NLE Placeholder Creation
- Channel Assignment
- Media Awareness
- Media Search
- Story Write-Back
- MOS Version Supported
- 2.8.2, 2.8.3
- Profiles Supported
- Profile 1 Yes
- Profile 2 Yes
- Profile 3 Yes
- Profile 4 Yes
- Profile 5 Partial
- Profile 6 Yes
- Profile 7 Yes
SI Media MediaWay
MediaNewsPlay News Playout controls a wide variety of broadcast devices involved in a Program Control Room (PCR): Decoders, Master Control Switcher, CG in addition to the Teleprompter. MediaNewsPlay News Playout executes rundowns either automatically or human assisted and in manual mode user may use J&S devices to support 'editing in real time' functionalities. MediaNewsPlay News Playout monitors, tracks and controls all devices. User can always see ahead of time the text that each CG contains.
• Manual/Automatic News Playout (up to 2 output channels in A/B mode, with ability to expand), sends news texts to the teleprompter and commands to the CG to insert titles.
• Full playback control of the media (play, stop, pause, next, loop, previous, etc.) via external Jog&Shuttle hardware device in addition to software control (short keys available)
• Option to control Character Generators, so operator can easily introduce titles with effects using predefined templates with supporting Unicode characters and most languages
• Last second trimming (Cut-Cut) of clips available
• Teleprompter that is connected to the newsroom network may receive text from the rundown, reflects all synchronized changes in the rundown by supporting Unicode characters and most languages
• Automatic synchronization of changes in the sequence of the running order will be replicated with immediate effect (prompter, CG, video, etc.)
• Story time limit indicator to help directors to adjust timing of the running order of newscasts and make changes as and when necessary
• Multi Language support (UNICODE 16-bit in compliance)
• Standard GUI based
• MOS protocol fully compliant
Supported ENPS Workflow
This device allows ENPS to dynamically build and control a playlist within the media server. Changes to the Running Order in ENPS result in immediate changes to the sequence of media objects queued for playout by the media server.
This vendor sends real-time status information during playback and other functions which is displayed through ENPS writers and producers in real-time. This includes the use of a minimum set of standard status messages which enable color coding and the automated movement of the ENPS timing bar.
This product supports automatic redundant operation with both Primary and Buddy ENPS servers.
This vendor provides thumbnail images and proxy video which are closely integrated within the ENPS Story display and editing windows.
ENPS users can create and name placeholders within this vendor's media server into which edited content from an NLE can be saved.
This product enables ENPS users to directly assign media play-out channels from the ENPS Running Order.
This device sends ENPS a description of the media it stores. The description contains structured metadata and a pointer to the media object. This information is used by ENPS to return media in search results. Pointers are used to link media to ENPS documents, including Stories, Running Orders and Assignments using simple drag and drop workflow.
ENPS is able to send search requests for specific media to this device. The device responds with a list of all media that satisfies the search, along with pointers for each media object. ENPS can use the metadata and pointers to display media in search results, or to link media found via this search method with ENPS documents, including Stories, Running Orders and Assignments.
This vendor provides an interface within their NLE product that not only allows an NLE operator to select and display live stories within ENPS, but also allows the NLE operator to make changes to the ENPS story in the NLE application and have these changes reflected on all ENPS desktops.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. All trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners. AP's reviews were limited to a test environment, and products may perform differently within your own production environment and workflow. Performance may also vary with other factors, including periodic ENPS and partner software releases. Only you can determine if a specific product or combination of products will meet your needs. AP MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY REGARDING THE PRODUCTS DESCRIBED HEREIN, INCLUDING WHETHER OR NOT SUCH PRODUCTS ARE COMPATIBLE WITH ENPS OR THE MOS PROTOCOL.
- Build your own PDF Partner Guide
- Simply add the pages by clicking on the + icon. Once you have all the pages you require, click the Download PDF link.
- Add this page to your ENPS Partner Guide
- Partner Systems
- Version 6 and 7 Version 6
- Digital Broadcast News Bank
- Gallery Sienna
- Grass Valley Aurora
- Grass Valley STRATUS
- Harris NEXIO NewsForce
- IBIS ServerPlay News
- Quantel Enterprise sQ
- ToolsOnAir Just:Live
- Graphics & CG
- Brainstorm Brainnews
- Pixel Power
- Hi Tech Systems
- Mosart Medialab
- Jutel RadioMan
- Asset Management
- Aveco Astra
- Solid State Logic Gravity